Tuesday 11 October 2011

Take One Sketch CJ - Round 3

I just realised when I went to post this today that I had completely forgotten to take a photo of my entry in Round 2 of this one - never mind

This time around the CJ is Frances (New2this) who is hosting the cj, she had a selection of sketches to choose from and I chose this one. I really liked the idea of the collage of photos but it was slightly tricky to scale down to the size of the cj. I do think though that I will try this sketch as a 12 x 12 layout

Here is the sketch



Here is my entry. I cut up bits from some of my many beachy type photos for the photo collage. I sprayed the background kraft card with some teal glimmer mist (my favourite product at the moment), I thought I would prick out and sew the wavy lines to represent the sea and my title round the edge of the photo collage reads I do like to be beside the seaside - which of course I do.



I just hope Frances likes it.

Please pardon the quality of the photos as I took them on my phone and I am not sure where the chequerboard effect sprung from!!

4 comments :

  1. Hi Suzy, fab layout :D Thanks for the lovely comment about my blog & jumper. The pattern is by Sirdar for Escape Chunky wool & it's pattern no 9346, I spotted the jumper knitted up in the wool shop just as I was leaving & had to stop & by the pattern & some yarn. I wanted the Escape Chunky but she didn't have so I used Magnum Chunky instead but needed an extra ball due to yardage differences. It was my first attempt at cable& I found the first 16 rows difficult until I got used to it, but after that it was quite easy. If you get the pattern & want any help just email me or shout me on my blog :) I'd love to see it when it's done.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab sketch and I love your entry, well done on scaling that down to a cj size, that must have been quite finicky!! I will look forward to your 12x12 version! You can never have too much teal glimmer mist I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy it's a great LO and I love the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete