Tuesday 1 November 2011

Sketch and Scrap - October

Here is the sketch Lesley chose for sketch and scrap for October.  I loved it the more I looked at it as there were so many layers to it.




I decided to go with two pictures and cut one info a circle.  I substituted one of the flowers on the sketch for a windmill to echo the one in the round photo.  I used papers from the Crate Paper Portrait collection which I love. 

The pictures are of me as a little girl on holiday with my parents in Scarborough.  There was a place, the name of which I cant recall where you sailed on a pirate ship and then searched in the sand for gold dubloons.  It always tickled my Dad that one of the pirates had a copy of the Yorkshire Evening News or Post sticking out of his pocket.


Edited to add that thanks to my lovely friend and UKS teamie Donna I now know the Pirate Ship sailed on the Mere at Scarborough and was called the Hispaniola. I can now get my hidden journalling organised for this one and then filed away in the album

1 comment :

  1. Brilliant layered page - love the colour scheme - and it's fun making windmills

    ReplyDelete