Monday 3 May 2010

Enough is enough

Okay I have finally decided that enough is enough on the "overweight" front.  I have bitten the bullet ( and not before time) and joined a local Slimming World class.  I am utterly disgusted at how much weight I have put on in the last five years or so and even though these have been diffucult years including the break down of a long standing marriage and also of a new relationship its time to stop making excuses, get off my very fat bum and do something about it.  I decided to give Slimming World a go as my friend Janice is doing this and achieving good results.  I thought if I posted publicly I would feel more inclined to carry through with it.  I think I will make a mini book/journal to follow my journey and hopefully that will help spur me on.

With that in mind I have had a photo of myself taken tonight.  I dont think it is fit for scaring any blog readers so I will keep it to myself for now.

Hopefully I will get out and about and get a bit more exercise and then keep my hands busy with a bit of crafting which will hopefully stop me constantly nibbling.

Wish me luck - I have a heck of a long way to go!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments :

  1. It's for that exact reason, the accountability and doing it publicly that I set up a weight-loss blog to go alongside my craft blog, it really does help blogging about it ;) You are going to do so well and you will have lots of support along the way :)

    Really well done for posting this and taking that step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Suzy for making this public. I'm currently in the same boat as you (put on heaps of weight, sick of it, need to exercise more!), so good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo,go Suzy! Beeing positive is just the attitude you need. I really need to get fit again as I have the cycling courses coming up in ...er....2 weeks and can't remember when i last gor the bike out. Good luck anyway...you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right behind you sweetie ... good for you. You can do it xx

    ReplyDelete