Sunday 24 November 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude - Week 2 Catch Up

Hi there.  Brrr! it's been a horrible dull, damp and freezing week here in my corner of Scotland and that has meant my energy levels have been severely sapped and Im taking to my nice cosy bed with a hot water bottle and a dvd or book early doors most evenings.  I hate the dark cold winter months with a passion and it seems the older I get the worse I feel about them.  This has meant that I am lagging more and more behind with my Attitude of Gratitude journal pages.  I am determined to plod along and catch up but I guess it will be well into December before I complete this month long challenge.

If you want to know what this challenge is about then hop over to Bernice's blog here and have a look.  The prompts are fab and I'm really enjoying myself challenging myself to attempt as many of the techniques as I can without having to actually buy any new stash.  Its amazing what you can do with what you already own!!


So here's my pages for Days 8 to 14

Day 8 - Fun.  I scraped some modelling paste through a stencil (thank you Donna for the loan of this one - I love it) then when it was dry sprayed with Dylusions inks, stamped a Kate Crane stamp and doodled and journalled round the page



Day 9 - Generosity.  For this one I spread on gesso quite thickly all over the page tehn drew some swirls with the end of a paintbrush.  Once dry, I sprayed with Dylusions inks (I love how the gesso gives them a softer look) and  I cut out and stuck down a border and an image from Crowabout Studio B and did my journaling around the swirls.







Day 10 - Ideas.  I scraped modelling paste through a tando cogs mask in two of the corners and again sprayed on Dylusions Ink.  I thought the wee guy called Hunk from Stampotique was perfect to finish off the page as his rather large head looks like it is full of ideas lol.  I cut out some text paper and doodled the places I go to for ideas on and did some journaling around the sides.




Day 11 - Home.  I covered the page in gesso again and heated it with a heat gun till it bubbled up, then sprayed with the inks again.  I doodled the houses on text paper, added roofs from corrugated card and finished if off with stamping the word home and finishing the phrase with chit chat words and a corrugated heart.  I journalled around the houses and finished the page off with a doodled border.


Day 12 - Joy.  I tried the Vaseline resist technique for this page by scraping some Vaseline through a stencil then carefully painting over the top with acrylic paint.  Let the paint dry naturally then wipe away the paint from where the Vaseline was to reveal the card underneath. Th hot air balloon stamps is an Indigo Blu one



Day 13 - Knowledge.  For this one I used the glue stick resist technique.  I rubbed a glue stick over my stencil, let it dry a bit then sprayed on inks and wiped off where the glue was. I stamped on an Indigo Blu compass stamp and journalled around it and doodled some flowers.  I dont really like this page but I will stick with it.



and finally for now

Day 14 - Life



I used a wax crayon resist for this one.  I doodled the border and the swirls with a white wax crayon then washed over the page with watercolour paint.  I journalled in the swirls.

So here we are at Day 24 so just the ten days behind now although I do have some backgrounds started which I am working on this afternoon

Will post next weeks lot hopefully next Sunday,

3 comments :

  1. These are fab pages Suzy.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about cold, dark days...all I want to do is curl up on the sofa and snooze.
    Love the pages - Suzie (Weasel) is trying to get me into art journaling, especially as she has just done two full day classes with Kate Crane.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm loving these pages, utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete