Wednesday 6 November 2013

Not So Secret Art Journal Circle Journal

Well round one of the Secret Swappers art journal circle journal has been completed and Chrissies cj is now winging its way to Heidi. 

Chrissie's theme was funky, kooky, weird, stampotiquey and as I don't have a lot of stampotique stamps (yet) I was a bit puzzled at first as what to do. 

I then spotted some fab downloads from Deviant Art.  The ones I liked were Mermaid Tales by Nancy Baumillar and one of the images was an octopus body.  I searched on google and pinterest for octopus type quotes and found one which made me laugh and summed up the way I had been feeling recently.  "Some days I wish I was an octopus so I could slap eight people at once"  I knew Chrissie wouldn't be offended by this so my page was born

I started with some pink and turquoise paint over a coat of gesso and then did some stencilling with white paint and added a few strips of paper and some rocks from the downloaded papers which I doodled some white dots on./  I attached the octopus body with gel matte medium and added one of thefaces with a crown to finish her off.  Some of the fish from the set were dotted round the page.  I love the pink spotty ones.

Some black lines of paint and circles with oil pastels and the words and it was finished,  I just hope Chrissie likes it when she gets it back.






Round 2 is commencing now and Jane's lovely cj arrived yesterday.  Its on the theme of Flight and I think I might just have an idea for her page.  Watch this space.

5 comments :

  1. Lovely page Suzy, and the quote is brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just such a funny quote and I'm sure this page will make her smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is such a brilliant page Suzy. Just love everything about it. Colours, quote (oh, I feel you! ) images - she'll love it!

    I have 4 stampotiques - if you want me to send you some (dodgily stamped) images, just let me know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Suzy it's hilarious! I have to pinch... I mean borrow that quote :D :D :D x

    ReplyDelete