Monday 6 February 2012

UKS - ART JOURNEY - PROMPT 4

I wasnt in a very creative mood to scrap this weekend but I must say I am enjoying dabbling away in my art jounal following the UKS Art Journey. This week the prompt was from Julie Kirk (Nabview) and was all about cutting out words from magazines to kick start your pages. I started with the blue left hand page using words cut out from a Liz Earle Newsletter. I had rather helpfully just thrown away all my mags etc into the recycling but now I will chop them up first!

As anyone who knows me knows I am not a winter girl at all and the words winter and blues jumped out at me. Once I had done that page I thought of Julies post on her blog about Month of Sunrays encouraging people to use yellow, now although I am a summer girl I am not a fan of yellow but I boldly set off and the second rather yellow page emerged. I didnt have any suitable words from magazines so I used a correction tape runner to make the white strips and hand wrote the words on.

If you have never tried Art Journalling before you should give it ago and follow the Art Journey.

You should also pop over to Julie's fab blog Notes on Paper as it is always full of great inspiration.

3 comments :

  1. I love that it's blue on one side and yellow on the other - looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, I love the colours, a mixture of Winter and Spring - they work really well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy they look really good and a great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete