Tuesday 13 August 2013

Ten Minute Tuesday - 13 August

Morning all its Tuesday so its time for another Ten Minute Tuesday post. If you want to know what this is all about hop over to Vicki's blog and have a look at some of her posts. I dont think she has time to post at the moment as she has her kids off for the school holidays but her lovely blog is worth a look at for her previous posts. Im in the middle of a major craft room clearout and the scrapping stuff is still to be sorted. I did however manage to get my desk cleared and my arty stuff more or less organised so I managed to sit down in between the clearing out and get two pieces of mail art for the trail on UKS off to their recipients. The base was a piece of card I had used to mop up the overspray of dylusions ink sprays from a page and from some sequin waste. I chopped it to size then drew the figures and coloured them in with my coloursoft pencils, I realised I didnt have any skin tone ones though so the shade I used for the faces turned out a bit odd,. However my lovely friend Donna has picked up a set of skin tone ones for me which were on Offer in WH Smith so I will be able to use the correct shades now :) I stamped over the dress with a kaisercraft alphabet stamp, stamped the Tim Holtz sentiment then finished them off with a couple of strips of washi tape and some zig zag sewing rub ons. I coloured in the open bits of the sentiment stamp with a posca paint pen.
Im enjoying the trail and once the recipients have received these I will be putting my name down again. What did you get up to in your ten minute bursts this week, Id love to see.

3 comments :

  1. Those are just fab-u-lous, Suzy. Lucky lucky recipients!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very clever Suzy and I must have a look at this Mail Art Trail on UKS...maybe I'll join in. M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background effect on these and the colour combo is super.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete