Thursday 9 May 2013

Rik Rak Ravers Circle Journal (April)

Running late with this one as my previous attempts just wouldnt go right for some reason.  This month I had pages to do for Lesley's gorgeous journal which is very pretty and vintage in style. Her theme is Quotes which could be used in scrapbooking.

She was adamant that she wanted a painty inky page but everything I did would just have stuck out like a sore thumb so I tried to do it a bit painty but with a kind of vintage vibe.  I think it worked out okay in the end but I just hope she likes it.

 I painted on the background then used a variety of stencils to sponge some more paint through, I used a vintage ledger one, a harlequin and a leaf one.  I moved some of the templates slightly then overstamped with some white paint to soften the effect. I love the burlap everyone is using just now but had none so cut a couple of bits of hessisn from an old ASDA shopping bag and ripped some corrugated card and painted it for texture.  I inked a small doily and added it to soften the effect.

I love this quote and stamped it on a plain page of a charity shop vintage book find in brown stayzon ink.  I did likewise with the image stamp,which I just love,and is by crafty individuals.  I finished off  some over stamping with paint and a bottle lid,  a doily inked slightly and some words from the Tim Holtz chit chat range.



Its winging its way to Lesley now and I just hope she likes it okay.

For my May one  I have Julieanns to do on the theme of "Change" so my thinking cap is on as I'm determined to come in on time with this one.

3 comments :

  1. And its even better IRL. I am the lucky recipient of this. Its so beautiful Suzy. Thankyou so much and for putting so much effort and thought into it xx

    ReplyDelete