Tuesday 7 May 2013

Ten Minute Tuesday

I'm joining in again this week with Vickis Ten Minute Tuesday challenge.  Hop over to her blog The Biskit Barrel and take a look

I was in the mood for a bit of a painty play so had a session of making another page in my wee A6 seaside journal.  I'm loving this small size as it makes it easier to complete a page when you are short in time.  I already had a base layer of of paint on the pages so I  started with a circle template and a tile one adding some white paint in the corners.
 I stamped  a couple of background stamps with stazon ink , then stamped three white painty circles with a bottle lid and outlined them in black paint.  I then painted on the heart using a home made mask.  I wanted a thick layer of paint so that I could heat with a heat gun so it by bubbled up and gave some texture to the page. I added a few wee lines made with the edge of a credit card and then I stamped  and cut out the words "I live in East Kilbride but "then I journalled around the heart with the rest of the phrase which reads "my heart lies in Beadnell.down by the harbour overlooking the bay"

I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  What will you do with your ten minutes this week?

8 comments :

  1. Love it x Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so lovely Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Suzy.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it, and what a good idea ten-minute-tuesday is :)

    The idea of the painted heart heated for texture is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page sounds lovely, Suzy but sadly I can't see a picture of it at the moment, will check back later.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the page and the bubbly heat heart works really well as contrast to rest of page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab colour combinations.

    Thanks for joining me again this week!
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete